Classes Still on Hold due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
July 2, 2020, 3:26 p.m.
July 2, 2020, 3:26 p.m.
March 12, 2020, 1:44 p.m.
Boston Swing Dance Community:
We (the BLH board) have spent the last several days and weeks monitoring the local and regional health situation due to COVID-19, as I'm sure you have as well. With the updated guidance we're seeing from government officials as well as other similar local organizations, we have made the decision to suspend all of our classes and other activities, effective immediately. This means the classes starting March 16th, March 31st, and April 2nd will be on hold until further notice, as well as the ongoing class series on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We feel that this is the safest and most responsible way to keep our community healthy.
As of right now, our plan is to resume classes as soon as it is safe and reasonable to do so.
What does this mean for you?
- If you are in the middle of a class series: right now, our plan is to allow current ongoing series to finish when we resume (i.e. - if you are in the middle of a series, when we start to offer classes again, you will pick up in the middle of the series). This is subject to change depending on the length of our shutdown. Please keep an eye out for website, FB, and email announcements with more information as we assess the evolving situation. If you will be unable to attend the classes when they start up again, we will be happy to issue you a partial refund or a partial class voucher. You do not need to do anything with respect to your registration at this time if you are still interested in completing the series once we have resumed classes.
- If you were scheduled to start a class series (tonight or in the future): our plan is that these class series will still happen, just not right now. Your registrations are still valid, and the class start dates will simply be moved to a later date. Please keep an eye out for website, FB, and email announcements with more information. If you will be unable to attend the classes when they start up again, we will be happy to issue you a refund or a class voucher.
We have heard from many of you regarding canceling your upcoming registrations. Because the studio situation and policy has now changed, please **email us again** if you would still like a refund or voucher immediately so we can manually cancel your registration. If you are willing to wait until classes resume (rather than receiving a refund/voucher right away), your registration will continue to be valid, and you can decide at a later date if you need to cancel your registration based on availability. Note that you can still receive a refund or a class voucher if you decide later to cancel your registration for the rescheduled classes. We will try our best to respond to your emails ASAP however be aware we are receiving a large volume of messages.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to help. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy!
Thanks for your understanding and patience as we've been through this decision-making process. I know it has been stressful for us, and I'm sure this is a difficult time for many of you as well.
March 10, 2020, 11:46 p.m.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and our Community:
We at Boston Lindy Hop want to take a moment to address the current concern regarding COVID-19 or Coronavirus. As many of us know, there has recently been an increase in the number of confirmed cases of the virus in Massachusetts. We have been monitoring the situation and doing our best to remain informed and up to date on all developments.
As of today, we intend to continue our programming as normal. In the meantime, we have compiled some guidelines and updated policies for community members. We ask that everyone abide by these guidelines in the interest of keeping our community (for dance and beyond) safe from this disease.
1. WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY. Please wash your hands before a class or dance for at least 20 seconds with soap. Wash hands frequently, especially when taking workshops, multiple classes, or during a social dance.
2. IF YOU ARE SICK PLEASE STAY HOME! Regardless if you have COVID-19 or a seasonal cold, please refrain from taking class or social dancing until your illness has passed. Symptoms to be ESPECIALLY to concerned about include fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath. If you have these symptoms, please do not attend class and wait 72 hours after your symptoms have gotten better.
To encourage compliance with this request, Boston Lindy Hop policies to include equivalent class credit or refund for the cost of any class(es) missed due to illness. Please see https://bostonlindyhop.com/policies/ for the full policy, and if applicable, email email@example.com to request class credit or a refund.
3. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES NOSE OR MOUTH. Touching your face with dirty hands is part of how the virus spreads.
4. If you are quarantined due to travel or having close contact with the virus, please do not attend until the 14 day period is ended.
Any additional information will be posted on the website/social media and/or sent to class registrants via email.
Jan. 15, 2020, 10:22 a.m.
Policy Change Announcement:
Due to an increase in demand for classes we are updating our policy regarding refunds.
- "We cannot refund students for classes that they have registered for but do not attend, this includes conflicts with work or travel. We will, however, provide credit for missed classes if it is for a health related reason (please stay home if you are sick) or death of close friend/family."
- "We do not sell partial class series or pro-rated classes."
While it is great people are excited about classes and registering in advance, many people want to take classes are unable to do so because they are full.
When people cancel registration part of the way through a class series, there is an open spot someone else could have been in class. We ask you to please keep your fellow students in mind when you register for class and only sign up when you are confident you can attend class.
Jan. 3, 2020, 7:50 p.m.
Register now for classes on Mondays in Cambridge, and Tuesdays and Thursdays in Brookline. Classes are filling quickly - get your spot today.