Boston Lindy Hop Policies
We try to keep things simple at Boston Lindy Hop, but in order to create a productive and welcoming environment for all students and teachers we must ask everyone to please observe the following policies:
The Boston Lindy Hop Code of Conduct is adopted from the Philadelphia Lindy and Blues Anti-Harrassment Policy and is licensed in the public domain under a Creative Commons Zero license. Please feel free to adopt our policy to your establishment as you see fit.
- We want our classes and events to be a comfortable environment for all our students, so we take our Code of Conduct seriously. Don’t harass anyone for any reason. We (the organizers and instructors at Boston Lindy Hop) reserve the right to take any action we deem appropriate in the event that harassment is occurring.
- Arrive to class on time; doors will close and students will not be admitted into class 15 minutes after the stated start time.
- Out of respect for the instructors and your fellow dancers, please do not give unsolicited feedback to other dancers unless directed to do so by an instructor. To quote Mobtown Ballroom in Baltimore, “In our experience the people who do this are usually wrong (and always annoying).”
- Turn off or silence all cellular devices before the beginning of class.
- Throw out all trash and do not consume any food or drink (besides water) in the dance studio.
- Please do not touch the exercise equipment in the studio, or any other equipment that is not being used for the class.
- Sometimes, an instructor will determine that a student is not prepared for a particular higher-level class. In these cases, instructors may ask the student to change classes or to withdraw from the course at their discretion. We will gladly issue full refunds for any classes not taken, or issue a voucher for future classes when this occurs.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
- In general, we do not cancel classes for inclement weather unless the T is not operational or there is a snow emergency that would prevent students from getting to class. However, in the event that class or an event is canceled, we will announce it on the website, and we will attempt to email all registered users to let them know as well.
- In cases of very low enrollment, we may be forced to cancel a class series. If this happens, we will email any enrolled students by 11am on the day of the first class, and we will provide those students with a full refund.
- We cannot refund students for classes that they have registered for but do not attend.
A more detailed version of our General Policies for Boston Lindy Hop can be found in this Google Document.